Brake Service and Repairs
It‘s pretty clear that your brakes need servicing if you notice a longer than normal stopping distance.. However there are less noticeable warning signs that you ought to watch for to maintain your safety when travelling on the road.
The following symptoms mean your brakes are due to be tested.
- Your brake pedal feels hard, soft or spongy
- The brake pedal feels low
- During braking your vehicle loses grip
- Your car pulls to the left or right while braking
- You feel a shudder in your steering wheel when stopping
- Your brakes squeak or squeal
If your vehicle displays any of these danger signs, contact us at Hycraft Automotive as soon as possible.
Brakes are critical for safety in all vehicles; avoiding a regular service means you are risking your own, and your families lives. Your brakes systems should get an examination at every service and by a qualified technician.
At Hycraft Automotive we offer a free 65 point safety check with every car service that we perform, and we will let you know if we feel there are any immediate safety concerns, and offer the advised service or repairs. Our written report will also let you know if there are requirements in the near future you should plan for.
As part of this inspection we check over the brake system components including:
- Front Brake Pads/Shoes
- Front Brake Disc Rotors/Drums
- Front Calipers
- Front Brake Hoses/Clips/Springs
- Rear Brake Pads/Shoes
- Rear Brake Disc Rotors/Drums
- Brake Fluid
Call Hycraft Automotive today for any of your Car Service needs and to claim your free safety check with any car service!